NEW INFO: 4/2/2011
1. District 204: READ new info. re: funding of MVHS. click here
2. Daily Herald Article: "Naperville TEA Rankings Surprise Some Candidates" click here
3. "Cheerleader" Not Enough for Naperville: Letter to the editor - click here
NOTE: According to candidate Doug Krause, the mayor CAN put items on the agenda .. he has the power to drive an agenda in this manner (which is more than just a cheerleader that many in town think this position is..) City council members need at least three members in agreement to place something on the agenda.
4. YES .. Councilman Fieseler DID TAKE IBEW money in July and then vote for their contract in November. click here
5. General look-up for state filed campaign contributions (however, note in 2007 the group PURE financially supported the three 203 incumbents, but did not "formally be created" until AFTER the election. We wonder what is happening along those lines in this election: http://www.elections.state.il.us/CampaignDisclosure/CandidateSearch.aspx
6. "Will Voters Wake Up to Union Chicanery?" Daily Herald: click here
7. Info re: Pradel and the IL state "double-dipping" system: click here
8. YES .. Suzyn Price DID FILE UNDER a different name in 2007 race. It made it very difficult to track down her funding ... which we eventually did, and ties back to union support. click here
THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTIONS ARE LOCAL!!
THE MOST DANGEROUS THREAT ... AN UNINFORMED VOTER.
DO NOT VOTE if you do not know the candidates!
YOU NEED TO KNOW ... Just because the ballot tells you to "vote for three" ... you do not need to vote for three candidates.
When voters vote for just one candidate in an election like this, they are doing it to pull up the overall vote count, as the top vote-getters win. click here to read more about bullet voting.
About our ranking system:
The Naperville TEA Patriots conducted a comprehensive and exhaustive evaluation of candidates and rated them with a rubric that addresses three main facets: Issues, Character and Ability to do the Job.
A Candidate Committee gathered information and met as a group to arrive at our final rankings. Information about each candidate was shared in our committee and the committee as a whole arrived at point ratings for each module of our rubric. We estimate over 100 man-hours went into our evaluations.
The rubric is weighted quite heavily towards the Issue module, which addressed the candidate's positions on fiscal responsibility, limited government and the free market system. We pulled information from public forums, meetings, websites, and other documented resources. In addition, all of our members were encouraged to contribute information for this evaluation.
Our rankings are based on our opinions derived from information that is documented and we believe to be true.
In cases where a member of the candidate committee was actively supporting a candidate, that member was allowed to share information to the committee, but was not allowed to take part in the point allocation for all candidates in that race.
Our ranking reflects the point accumulation per our rubric criteria for each candidate. TEA Patriots do not endorse candidates, but are happy to share our rankings to assist voters in their decisions.
The Naperville TEA Patriots encourage all concerned taxpayers to use these results as a “start” to further research these candidates.
The Naperville TEA Patriots endorses early voting, ONLY for those unable to vote on Election Day as information comes out everyday and may change your voting decisions.
As we receive new information, we verify it to the best of our ability before posting it.
In the case of new information, we will not change our rankings, as those were done in committee, but we will post new information after it is verified.
Click on each for full information:
COLLEGE OF DUPAGE
Summary of Candidate Rankings: click here
Thanks to Positively Naperville and patch.com for its research.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL VOTING RECORD OF SITTING COUNCIL MEMBERS
click here for downloadable .pdf
CLICK HERE FOR FULL VOTING RECORD OF MAYORAL CANDIDATES
patch.com naperville - election site
Good information, completed questionnaires
If you have any information about the candidates you would like to share, please email us at email@example.com